Cry’s Annual Camino Trek – 7-14th September 2019
Is the Camino on your bucket list? If it is and you’d like to raise funds while undertaking the challenge please consider joining #teamCry for our 2019 trip.
We fly out on September 7th for one week, walking the final 110K of the Portuguese Way – Oia to Santiago de Compostela.
Experience the Sea, Surf, and Turf on the Camino Portuguese Coastal Route!
The Camino Portuguese Coastal Route may not be the most traditional route, but it’s one that’s been growing in popularity among modern pilgrims.
Following the coast around to the Vigo estuary on this section you will get the opportunity to stay in the beautiful coastal cities of Baiona and Vigo before re-joining the traditional Camino Portuguese from Redondela to Santiago de Compostela. This region is known for its seafood, in particular its oysters and scallops. Wash it down with the local albarino wine a true gastronomic delight. Heading north on this walk you’ll follow boardwalks and coastal footpaths with plenty of opportunities to stop and swim on some of the nicest beaches in Europe. Check out the Cies Islands, Playa Americanos, and charming Baiona. From Pontevedra onwards, you’ll turn inland, trekking intermittently through forests whilst progressing gently uphill to reach your final destination – Santiago de Compostela!
The 8-day, 7-night trip includes the following:
• Return flights from Dublin to Santiago de Compostela
• Transfers and luggage transport (1 piece)
• Twin sharing accommodation in 2 or 3 star hotels (single room supplement applies)
• Breakfast and Evening Meal
• Cry Representative Lucia Ebbs will walk with the group. A fundraising target of €1,950.00 pps to include B & B, flights, a guide and transfers – for more information please email email@example.com or call Lucia on 01 4525482 or 087 753 7553. A non-refundable deposit of €250.00 required.
“As in any journey, it’s not what you take with you, but what you leave behind.