Camino for CRY 2024
A week on the Camino
6th September – 13th September 2024
We are delighted to announce our Camino for CRY 2024 route – The English Way (Camino Inglés).
Is the Camino on your #BucketList? If it is and you’d like to raise funds while undertaking this challenge, please consider joining #teamCRY with our Ambassador & Kerry GAA Star & Five-time All-Ireland winning footballer Aidan O’Mahony who will lead the group when we walk The English Way.
We travel on Friday 6th September 2024 for one week walking the final 115Km of The English Way from Ferrol to Santiago de Compostela.
Aidan O’Mahony told us “Leading the team on two previous occasions in 2019 and 2022, I witnessed the start of lifelong friendships and was profoundly touched by the stories shared by those impacted by Sudden Cardiac Death, highlighting the invaluable support provided by CRY. I am excited to participate yet again this year and extend an invitation for others to join me on this meaningful endeavour.”
A little about this year’s Route:
The English Way Route from Ferrol to Santiago de Compostela is a fantastic pilgrimage route. Embark on a remarkable journey along the English Way, a less-travelled yet historically rich route, stretching from the maritime city of Ferrol to the heart of Santiago de Compostela. This pilgrimage is an ideal blend of serene landscapes, cultural heritage, and spiritual enrichment.
- Rich Maritime Heritage: Starting in Ferrol, a city with a deep naval history, pilgrims experience a unique maritime start to their journey, different from other Camino routes.
- Scenic Coastal Trails: The route offers stunning views of Northern Spain’s coastline, combining the beauty of sea and land.
- Cultural Immersion: Traverse through charming villages and towns rich in Galician culture, savouring local gastronomy and encountering historic sites.
- Enjoy a glass of local wine in the rustic establishments of Betanzos, easily recognized by a bay branch above the doors.
- Less Crowded Path: Being less frequented, the English Way offers a more tranquil and intimate pilgrimage experience, ideal for reflection and personal growth.
This Camino is full of wonderful things to see and do, and you will be walking with a group of new #teamCry friends as well as an expert Camino guide. Completing the Camino is an empowering and life-changing experience that offers a wonderful sense of camaraderie and achievement.
Step into a World of Historical Riches and Cultural Treasures Along the Less-Trodden Path of the English Way.
CRY Ireland Representative Lucia Ebbs will walk with the group. The cost for this walking adventure is €2,000.00 per person sharing (flights not included). A non-refundable deposit of €300.00 is required to book your place. For more information, please email [email protected] or call Lucia on 01 4142235 or 087 753 7553.
The 8-day, 7-night trip includes the following:
- Airport Transfers to and from Santiago de Compostela Airport (at a set time)
- Daily luggage transfer to each hotel while you walk (1 piece)
- Twin sharing accommodation in 2 or 3-star hotels. Please note, there is limited availability for single rooms.
- Breakfast and Evening Meal
- Trek Guide throughout and CRY Representative
- Pilgrim Passport
What’s NOT included?
- Return Flights
The recommended flight is:
Depart Dublin Friday 6th September T2 at 13:30. Arrival in Santiago de Compostela 16:50
Return Friday 13th September departs Santiago de Compostela 17:30 – Arrive Dublin 18:40
- Travel Insurance (we require to see sight of your policy before departure)
‘From the Rugged Coastlines to the Sacred Streets of Santiago – Experience a Pilgrimage Like No Other on the #CaminoInglés.’